– Take me to your leader, it said.
– What are your intentions? I replied.
– I see. Why is that?
– It is killing the Blue Planet.
– We have a gathering of leaders. They will be meeting all together in one room for a summit. You will recognize the biggest leader because he will tell you who he is when you ask. He will probably threaten you. I assume the ones beside him will be his closest allies. There will be mega-security. And you don’t have a pass, so they won’t let you in.
– Take me to your leader, it said again, but slowly this time.
– Will you give me a ride?
We teleported to the UFO, hovering over the sea. I went into a gelatinous substance. I could breathe and emit vibrations that were understood as speech. I understood their vibrations as well. It was amazing. I didn’t think of my own safety. I was too excited.
– You are sending happy vibrations, stated the Being.
– Can you tell me what your plan is?
– The carbon atoms that make up the body will be dissolved.
– Why now? Where do you live?
– We live here. On the water. We have given this much thought. Since we are guests, we did not want to be disrespectful. But it is getting worse and worse. Our hosts are dying, becoming extinct. They are suffering and have asked for our help.
I gave it the coordinates of the UN headquarters, and the date and times the leaders would meet.
– You are emitting sadness and regret, stated the Being. Why?
– On our planet, we don’t like terminating others of our kind.
The Being laughed. I could feel the hilarity gaining momentum and understood other beings were also listening in the conversation. Soon, I felt like laughing too.
– We understand jokes, he said proudly.
I didn’t have the heart to disabuse it of its misconception. I changed tactics.
– What is your name?
– Tiktak. What is your name?
Properly introduced, we continued our conversation.
– Ali, why were you emitting sadness and regret?
– I am contributing to the destruction of my kin.
As soon as I thought this, my mind was filled with pictures of animals, big and small, that had become extinct for loss of habitat, outright destruction, or other changes brought about by my kin.
– Who are your kin? Kitkat asked softly.
I looked up and around the vast cabin.
– How can I help? I answered.